Project: Sale of São Paulo City Hall’s participation in SPTuris
Type of privatisation: equity sale
Object: ownership and operation of São Paulo Turismo S.A. - a mixed-ownership company listed on the São Paulo Stock Exchange - majority control (95%) PMSP
Description of assets: 110,000 m² of flexible covered spaces for exhibitions and conventions, hosting some of the city's major events. Anhembi, managed by SPTuris, is composed by:
• Exhibition hall: 74,000 m²
• Palace of Conventions: 36,000 m²
• “Sambódromo:” ~ 110,000 m²
Main Opportunities for Investments:
• Approximately 700,000 m² of area for development of garage buildings, residential and commercial buildings within the Anhembi Complex;
• Renovation and re-qualification of existing facilities, boosting the attraction of the most relevant events in South America, thus generating a substantial increase in collection and occupation;
• Opportunities for the market of events and real estate-specialised investors.
• Anhembi is recognised as a world-class brand in the events’ industry.
Reasons for sale:
• Discharge the São Paulo City Hall so it can focus on priority sectors (housing, mobility, health, education, social assistance and urban security).
For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org